Description of organization
Atelier Circulaire is an artist center dedicated to excellence in the production, research, education and dissemination of printed art. Atelier Circulaire supports the work of contemporary printmaking artists by encouraging an innovative mix of new technologies and traditional techniques.
Atelier Circulaire provides programs and services to professional artists and the general public. It provides a workplace and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, screen printing and digital printing. It hosts artists in residence, organizes exhibitions and conferences in its gallery and offer demonstrations, courses and specialized courses in its printmaking studio.
Under the supervision of the screen-printing coordinator, the assistant’s tasks will include:
- Maintaining production workflow, organizing materials and assisting in general studio upkeep
- Cleaning, coating and repairing screens
- Assisting members and non-members who may have questions or need technical assistance
- Help preparing the materials and studio for the upcoming courses and demonstrations
- Help in receiving and installing new equipment
- Help with maintenance of existing equipment
- Help in creating instruction documents for new equipment
- Help during special activities (Ex.: Nuit Blanche)
- Experience with screen-printing
- Experience working with the public
- Good knowledge of print media (an asset) and artists-run centers
- Good understanding of colors
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to work manually
- Resourcefulness, initiative and flexibility
- Ability to work on different projects simultaneously
- College or University diploma (or studies in progress) in Studio Arts, Visual Arts or other related field, or any other relevant experience
- Unpaid position
- Possibility to have school credits
- The assistant will receive individual training.
- Minimum duration: 12 weeks
- Hours: Flexible, between 12 and 20 hours a week (subject to availability of the intern and the coordinator’s needs)
- Location: 5445 Gaspé avenue, suite 517, Montréal H2T 3B2 (Mile End)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of the Coordination Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We thank all the people who will respond to this offer. Please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.