Description of organization
Atelier Circulaire is an artist-run centre dedicated to the creation, research, production and promotion of printmaking. Atelier Circulaire supports the work of contemporary print-based artists by encouraging the use of traditional techniques and new technologies.
Atelier Circulaire provides programs and services to professional artists and the general public. It provides a workplace and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, screen printing and digital printing. It hosts artists in residence, organizes exhibitions and conferences in its gallery and offer demonstrations, courses and specialized courses in its printmaking studio.
Under the supervision of Digital Manager, the Assistant tasks will be:
- Help with billing print jobs
- Assist with production and editioning
- Help with color proofing, profiling and retouching
- Answer customer questions
- Be a staff presence in the Studio during open hours
- Take print orders, receive printing files, have proofs validated, release finished jobs toclients
- Help package finished editions and prints
- Help maintain production workflow, organize materials and maintain the Studio upkeep
- Help to prepare resources for the courses
- Help to maintain client and billing databases
- Ability and willingness to work in both technical and administrative expertises
- Ease with the public
- Good knowledge of the printed arts (an asset)
- Good knowledge of the visual arts world
- Good perception of colors
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and project management programs (Mac environment)
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)
- Resourcefulness, independence, initiative and flexibility
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work on different projects simultaneously
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and adaptability
- College or university diploma (or studies in progress) in studio arts, visual arts, digital prepress or related field, or any relevant experience.
- Unpaid position
- The assistant will receive individual training, as well as participate in the « Digital Art & Prepress » courses, level 1 & 2.
- Minimum duration: 12 weeks
- Hours: Flexible, about 3 days a week (subject to availability of the intern and the coordinator’s needs)
- Location: 5445 Gaspé avenue, suite 517, MontréalH2T 3B2 (Mile End)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of the Coordination Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We thank all the people who will respond to this offer. Please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.