Description of organization
Atelier Circulaire is an artist-run centre dedicated to the creation, research, production and promotion of printmaking. Atelier Circulaire supports the work of contemporary print-based artists by encouraging the use of traditional techniques and new technologies.
Atelier Circulaire provides programs and services to professional artists and the general public. It provides a workplace and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, screen printing and digital printing. It hosts artists in residence, organizes exhibitions and conferences in its gallery and offer demonstrations, courses and specialized courses in its printmaking studio.
Under the supervision of the direction, the assistant's tasks will be:
- Assisting in the research and development of new projects, partnerships and sources of funding
- Supporting the administrative operations of special activities and projects
- Helping in the writing of grant applications and other fundraising campaigns
- Contributing to the preparation of activity reports
- Helping with the customer service and with the administrative operations
- Student or graduate in administration, cultural management, project management, organizational strategy, art history, or any relevant experience
- Fluid in French and English both oral and written
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Resourcefulness, autonomy, initiative and versatility
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and adaptability
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Positive attitude and ability to work in team
- Knowledge of the NPO environment, of artist-run centers and in the printed arts (an asset)
- Minimum duration : 12 weeks
- Hours : Flexible, about 2-3 days a week (subject to availability of the intern and the direction’s needs)
- Possibility to use the Production Studio or to follow courses in print media
- Location : 105-5445, Gaspe avenue, Montréal (Mile-End)
- Unpaid position
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of the direction at (email@example.com)
We thank all the candidates who will respond to this offer. Please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.