Description of organization
Atelier Circulaire is an artist-run centre dedicated to the creation, research, production and promotion of printmaking. Atelier Circulaire supports the work of contemporary print-based artists by encouraging the use of traditional techniques and new technologies.
Atelier Circulaire provides programs and services to professional artists as well as to the general public. It provides a workplace and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, screen-printing and digital printing. It hosts artists in residence, organizes exhibitions and conferences in its gallery, and offers demonstrations, classes and specialized courses in its printmaking studio.
Under the supervision of Technical Coordinator, the Assistant tasks will be:
- Help to the proper functioning of the Studio
- Logistical support for the purchase of materials and equipment
- Support for receiving and installing new equipment
- Construction of structures and furniture for the various workshops
- Maintenance of existing equipment
- Punctuality and attendance
- Good technical knowledge of printmaking
- Good organizational skills
- Handcraft skills
- Resourcefulness, autonomy and flexibility
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ongoing college or university degree or diploma in communication, graphic design, visual arts, art history or cultural mediation
- Unpaid position
- Minimum duration: 12 weeks
- Hours: Flexible, about 3 days a week (subject to availability of the intern and the team's needs)
- Possibility of use of the production workshop and printed arts training
- Location: 5445 Gaspe avenue, Montreal (Mile End)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of the Coordination Assistant (email@example.com).
We thank all the people who will respond to this offer. Please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.