EN | FR
Description of organization
Atelier Circulaire is an artist-run centre dedicated to the creation, research, production and promotion of printmaking. Atelier Circulaire supports the work of contemporary print-based artists by encouraging the use of traditional techniques and new technologies.
Atelier Circulaire provides programs and services to professional artists as well as to the general public. It provides a workplace and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, screen printing and digital printing. It hosts artists in residence, organizes exhibitions and conferences in its gallery, and offers demonstrations, classes and specialized courses in its printmaking studio.
Under the supervision of Communications Manager, the Communications Assistant tasks will be:
- Logistical support to internal events (members activities, etc.) and public events (permanent exhibitions, special activities, student visits, etc.)
- Mediation at public events (exhibitions, events, tours, etc.)
- Help for mounting and dismounting the exhibitions
- Shooting and social media communication during live events
- Help to update the website, social media and blogs
- Design & development of various communication media and mass emails
- Reception management of responses to calls for submissions
- Updating of the contact databases and developing of public relations
- Monitoring of statistics of communication broadcasting
- Attendance for exhibition openings and special events (sometimes in the evenings or weekends)
- Comfortable working with the public
- Good knowledge of the visual arts
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS Squarespace and MailChimp
- Fluency in French and English (and great writing ability in at least one of the two)
- Resourcefulness, independence, flexibility, creativity, curiosity
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work on different projects simultaneously
- College or university diploma (or college or university studies in progress) in communication, graphic design, visual arts, art history or cultural mediation
Conditions of the internship
- Unpaid position
- Minimum duration: 12 weeks
- Hours: Flexible, about 3 days a week (subject to availability of the intern and the team's needs)
- Possibility of use of the production workshop and printed arts training
- Location: 5445 Gaspé, Montreal (Mile End)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of the Communications Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all the people who will respond to this offer. Please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.