Atelier Circulaire's Production Studio occupies a bright 10.000 ft2 space and provides work spaces and specialized equipment for intaglio, lithography, relief, silkscreen and digital printing.
Atelier Circulaire invites professional artists from all over the country and the world to submit an application for an artist residency program at its Production Studio (applicants may or not be trained in printmaking).
The residency project must integrate printed arts on a technical and/or conceptual level (traditional, new or mixed printing techniques).
Each year, submitted projects are selected by a jury of two professional artists who are members of Atelier Circulaire and three renowned personalities in the Visual Arts field.
Atelier Circulaire's residency includes:
- Access to the studio for one consecutive month;
- A $ 600 CA artist stipend;
- A $ 100 CA stipend to buy supplies at the Atelier Circulaire Store;
- Technical help from an experienced printer and/or professional coaching (25 hours)
Interested candidates must submit an application that includes:
- A short statement of the artist approach for the project;
- A technical description of the project;
- 10 to 15 images of artworks (JPG format, RGB, around 1024 x 768 pixels)
- A description list of images indicating the title, the year, the medium and the dimensions of the artwork;
- An artist CV and short biography
Applications must be submitted by filling the form below.
Deadline for submission: October 31 of each year
Residency period: From April to March of the next year
(Ex: Submit before November 2017 for a residency between April 2018 and March 2019)
If you do not receive any confirmation email after apply to the form below or if you encounter any problems during the application process, contact us at email@example.com